July 2011 - A Literary Banquet in the Presence of Writers Jim Harrison and Jay McInerney
The City of Paris regularly sponsors remarkable cultural events, and the third edition of “Paris en Toutes Lettres,” a literary festival held from May 5 - 8 this year was no exception. In this month's Paris Insights, read about the banquet that was held at Le Centquatre and its guests of honor, American writers Jim Harrison and Jay McInerney.
Located near the southwest corner of the Luxembourg Garden, the handsome restaurant Les Bistronautes opened its doors just eight months ago. Read our review of this establishment in this month's Le Bon Goût.
The City of Paris has converted three old buildings into cultural centers, where a number of artistic, literary, and musical events take place. Read our report in our Paris, Past and Present feature.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2011
- December 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France-Part 2
- November 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France - Part 1
- October 2011 - May '68 - An Eyewitness Account
- September 2011 - A Palace in the City
- August 2011 - When Saint-Germain-des-Prés Was the Center of the World
- July 2011 - A Literary Banquet in the Presence of Writers Jim Harrison and Jay McInerney
- June 2011 - The UN’s Art Treasures—In Paris
- May 2011 - Paris and its Trees
- April 2011 - The Odyssey of Max McCalman
- March 2011 - Henry Miller in Paris
- February 2011 - Cholocate-covered Cherry Tasting
- January 2011 - Paris Apaches