September 2011 - A Palace in the City
In this month's Paris Insights journalist A. D. McKenzie reports on the new category of hotel in France, the "palace" hotel.
In a special report, we present the Royal Abbaye de Chaalis, located within an hour's drive of the city. The abbey and its beautiful park were bequeathed to the Institut de France in 1912 with the stipulation that they be open to the public.
And for our Paris, Past and Present feature, Alecia McKenzie discusses the star rating system created by the French Ministry of Tourism.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2011
- December 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France-Part 2
- November 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France - Part 1
- October 2011 - May '68 - An Eyewitness Account
- September 2011 - A Palace in the City
- August 2011 - When Saint-Germain-des-Prés Was the Center of the World
- July 2011 - A Literary Banquet in the Presence of Writers Jim Harrison and Jay McInerney
- June 2011 - The UN’s Art Treasures—In Paris
- May 2011 - Paris and its Trees
- April 2011 - The Odyssey of Max McCalman
- March 2011 - Henry Miller in Paris
- February 2011 - Cholocate-covered Cherry Tasting
- January 2011 - Paris Apaches