July 2010 - A Visit to an Herb Shop
In this month's Paris Insights we take a tour of the oldest herb shop in Europe. Owned and operated by Jean-Pierre Raveneau, he talks about medicinal herbs and their place in modern medicine.
We dined at Le Cotte-Rôti, an unusually decorated restaurant located in the 12th arrondissement. Owner and chef Nicolas Michel told us that he plans to remodel his bistrot this August, but, happily, he will continue to serve the same great cuisine when he reopens in September! Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
The Royal Garden of Medicinal Plants was founded in Paris 384 years ago. Since then, it has evolved into a great scientific institution. But has it forgotten its original vocation? We investigate this possibility in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2010
- December 2010 - Marrons Glacés – A Sweet Confection for the Holiday Season
- November 2010 - Nadar: From High School Dropout to Iconic Photographer
- October 2010 - A Masterpiece of Modern Architecture
- September 2010 - Another Jewish Paris
- August 2010 - An Interview with Dante James
- July 2010 - A Visit to an Herb Shop
- June 2010 - Le Lapin Agile: A Cabaret for Traditional French Songs
- May 2010 - American Students “Ain't Misbehavin'” in Seine-Saint-Denis
- April 2010 - Spoken Word in Paris
- March 2010 - Clocks and Clock Faces - Paris-style
- February 2010 - A Taste for Truffles
- January 2010 - Julhès - A Parisian Food Emporium