December 2009 - An American Artist in Paris—Joe Johnson
We interviewed Joe Johnson, an American artist living in Paris, and learned about the niche he is carving for himself in the Parisian art world. Read about him in this month's Paris Insights.
On a little-frequented side street in Paris' 2nd arrondissement stands the Bistro Volnay, serving up hearty French cuisine in an Art Deco setting. Read our review in Le Bon Goût, and learn about the two women, Magali Marian and Delphine Alcover, who run this restaurant.
The Musée du Quai Branly is hosting an exposition on the cultural journal Présence Africaine, which has been published in Paris since 1947. We visited the exposition and report on what we learned in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2009
- December 2009 - An American Artist in Paris—Joe Johnson
- November 2009 - Remembering the Sacrifice
- October 2009 - Art around Town
- September 2009 - Multicultural Dining in Montparnasse
- August 2009 - Le Pavillon de l'Aurore
- July 2009 - The American Revolution in Paris
- June 2009 - Dave Frishberg Sings "Another Song about Paris"
- May 2009 - A Chocolate Wonderland
- April 2009 - Cinéma des Cinéastes
- March 2009 - The Remarkable Church that Anatole de Baudot Built
- February 2009 - An American in Paris - David Burke
- January 2009 - Celebrating Obama at Dorothy's Gallery in Paris