July 2007 - An Impressionist Stroll
In this month's Paris Insights, we take a stroll along the Seine to the area around which Impressionism was born. Pack a picnic lunch and prepare to enjoy the walk!
Our quest for smoke-free dining leads us to Gilles Ajuelos' new restaurant, La Marlotte. Located in the 6th arrondissement, the chef, Benoit-Joseph Dulieu, serves traditional French cuisine with a contemporary flair.
And for our Paris, Past and Present feature, we present a photograph of 35, boulevard des Capucines, formerly the studio of renowned photographer Nadar. It was here, in 1874, that the Impressionists held their first exhibition.
If you are a subscriber, please click here and enter your e‑mail address and password.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2007
- December 2007 - The Church of Val-de-Grâce
- November 2007 - The Cemetery of the Holy Innocents
- October 2007 - How to Be a Young Parisian
- September 2007 - Paris - F. Scott Fitzgerald's Babylon
- August 2007 - The Secret of the Luxembourg Garden Orchard
- July 2007 - An Impressionist Stroll
- June 2007 - Fresh Roasted Coffee in Paris
- May 2007 - Promenade in a Private Parisian Garden
- April 2007 - Of Macarons and Minsters – An Easter Stroll through the Saint-Germain-des-Prés quarter
- March 2007 - Irish Eyes are Smiling in Paris
- February 2007 - Contemporary African Art in Paris - Les Arts Derniers
- January 2007 - The King's Church