September 2010 - Another Jewish Paris
When one mentions "the Jewish quarter" of Paris, an area called the Marais usually comes to mind. This month in Paris Insights we explore another Jewish Paris—the neighborhood called Faubourg-Montmartre, located in the 9th arrondissement.
We dined recently at La Truffière, a gourmet restaurant located steps away from place de la Contrescarpe in the 5th arrondissement. Looking for an intimate place to dine with that special someone? You will find that romantic moment here while savoring great cuisine prepared by Chef Jean-Christophe Rizet. A perfect spot for a memorable evening! Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
Because we like chocolate, and because we have seen numerous shops in Jewish neighborhoods that sell kosher delicacies, we decided to investigate boutiques that sell kosher chocolates. Read our report about where to find great tasting kosher chocolates and other confections in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2010
- December 2010 - Marrons Glacés – A Sweet Confection for the Holiday Season
- November 2010 - Nadar: From High School Dropout to Iconic Photographer
- October 2010 - A Masterpiece of Modern Architecture
- September 2010 - Another Jewish Paris
- August 2010 - An Interview with Dante James
- July 2010 - A Visit to an Herb Shop
- June 2010 - Le Lapin Agile: A Cabaret for Traditional French Songs
- May 2010 - American Students “Ain't Misbehavin'” in Seine-Saint-Denis
- April 2010 - Spoken Word in Paris
- March 2010 - Clocks and Clock Faces - Paris-style
- February 2010 - A Taste for Truffles
- January 2010 - Julhès - A Parisian Food Emporium