December 2008 - Celebrating Christmas at Galeries Lafayette
In this month's Paris Insights, we explore the grand department store Galeries Lafayette. Its animated window displays are a delight for children and adults alike. And the giant Christmas tree standing under the cupola is a marvel to behold!
We recently dined at the Petit Marguery, a restaurant steeped in turn-of-the-last-century ambiance, and ordered from the seasonal game menu. Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
What would Christmas be without the display of manger scenes in the naves of Paris' old churches? In our feature Paris, Past and Present, we report on the crèches that we found at Notre-Dame Cathedral and at Saint-Sulpice Church.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2008
- December 2008 - Celebrating Christmas at Galeries Lafayette
- November 2008 - The Muslim Cemetery of Bobigny
- October 2008 - La Folie de Chartres
- September 2008 - A Sunday River Cruise
- August 2008 - Is French Gastronomy in Need of a Savior?
- July 2008 - Paris and the Color of Ceramic
- June 2008 - The Boating Life: On Board with Mort Rosenblum
- May 2008 - The Fabulous History of the Procope Café
- April 2008 - Will Success Spoil Daniel Rose?
- March 2008 - The Crypt of Montmartre
- February 2008 - Fly to Paris, See Egypt
- January 2008 - Foie Gras – Traditional French Fare to Celebrate the New Year