June 2009 - Dave Frishberg Sings "Another Song about Paris"
Paris has inspired countless songwriters to compose melodies that evoke memories of lovers strolling along its streets and quays, absorbed in the beauty and romance of the city. Indeed, with so much that has been written and sung about the City of Light, is there anything left to say? We interviewed jazz pianist, composer, and vocalist Dave Frishberg to learn what inspired him to write “Another Song about Paris,” a funny song that he recorded in Paris in 1991 for the French Bloomdido label. If you believe Frishberg’s lyrics, his song is the last that ever needs to be written on the subject! Read our account in this month’s Paris Insights.
We dined at a chic restaurant and wine bar last month called La Gazzetta. Located near the Aligre market in the 12th arrondissement, its chef, Petter Nilsson, serves up a copious prix-fixe lunchtime menu. We give our report in this month’s dining guide, Le Bon Goût.
A fascinating exhibit on the history of jazz at the Musée du Quai Branly runs until the 28th of June. We give a brief description of the exposition in this month’s Paris, Past and Present feature.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2009
- December 2009 - An American Artist in Paris—Joe Johnson
- November 2009 - Remembering the Sacrifice
- October 2009 - Art around Town
- September 2009 - Multicultural Dining in Montparnasse
- August 2009 - Le Pavillon de l'Aurore
- July 2009 - The American Revolution in Paris
- June 2009 - Dave Frishberg Sings "Another Song about Paris"
- May 2009 - A Chocolate Wonderland
- April 2009 - Cinéma des Cinéastes
- March 2009 - The Remarkable Church that Anatole de Baudot Built
- February 2009 - An American in Paris - David Burke
- January 2009 - Celebrating Obama at Dorothy's Gallery in Paris