February 2008 - Fly to Paris, See Egypt
The French have long displayed a strong interest in Egyptian culture, and Paris has been a showplace for its architecture and works of art since the 16th century. In this month’s Paris Insights we take a look at the numerous obelisks, pyramids, temples, and statues that one can find in the City of Light.
We recently dined at Christophe restaurant and savored the hearty food there. Read our review in this month’s restaurant feature, Le Bon Goût.
And finally, our Paris, Past and Present feature looks at the Luxor obelisk. It has been standing in place de la Concorde since 1834.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2008
- December 2008 - Celebrating Christmas at Galeries Lafayette
- November 2008 - The Muslim Cemetery of Bobigny
- October 2008 - La Folie de Chartres
- September 2008 - A Sunday River Cruise
- August 2008 - Is French Gastronomy in Need of a Savior?
- July 2008 - Paris and the Color of Ceramic
- June 2008 - The Boating Life: On Board with Mort Rosenblum
- May 2008 - The Fabulous History of the Procope Café
- April 2008 - Will Success Spoil Daniel Rose?
- March 2008 - The Crypt of Montmartre
- February 2008 - Fly to Paris, See Egypt
- January 2008 - Foie Gras – Traditional French Fare to Celebrate the New Year