October 2008 - La Folie de Chartres
In 1769, the Duke of Chartres purchased land near the town of Monceau, just outside the city of Paris, and created a fabulous park there. Today, a portion of the Parc Monceau still exists in Paris' 8th arrondissement. Read our account in this month's issue of Paris Insights.
We recently dined at a newly-opened restaurant on rue Cardinal Lemoine. Called Livingstone, it serves up delicious Thai fare. We give details about our dining experience in this month's Le Bon Goût.
And finally, in our Paris, Past and Present feature we investigate the Temple of Love that stands on the Ile de la Jatte.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2008
- December 2008 - Celebrating Christmas at Galeries Lafayette
- November 2008 - The Muslim Cemetery of Bobigny
- October 2008 - La Folie de Chartres
- September 2008 - A Sunday River Cruise
- August 2008 - Is French Gastronomy in Need of a Savior?
- July 2008 - Paris and the Color of Ceramic
- June 2008 - The Boating Life: On Board with Mort Rosenblum
- May 2008 - The Fabulous History of the Procope Café
- April 2008 - Will Success Spoil Daniel Rose?
- March 2008 - The Crypt of Montmartre
- February 2008 - Fly to Paris, See Egypt
- January 2008 - Foie Gras – Traditional French Fare to Celebrate the New Year