October 2011 - May '68 - An Eyewitness Account
In this month's Paris Insights we interview William Brustein, Vice Provost for Global Strategies and International Affairs and Professor of Sociology at The Ohio State University. He recounts his experience as a student in France during the May '68 uprising.
To write our monthly restaurant review, Le Bon Goût, we dined at La Bonne Franquette, a restaurant on Butte Montmartre that specializes in regional cuisine.
And for our Paris, Past and Present feature, we report on the Odéon Theatre, a playhouse that was occupied by students and militants and transformed into a forum for public debate during the May '68 events.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2011
- December 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France-Part 2
- November 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France - Part 1
- October 2011 - May '68 - An Eyewitness Account
- September 2011 - A Palace in the City
- August 2011 - When Saint-Germain-des-Prés Was the Center of the World
- July 2011 - A Literary Banquet in the Presence of Writers Jim Harrison and Jay McInerney
- June 2011 - The UN’s Art Treasures—In Paris
- May 2011 - Paris and its Trees
- April 2011 - The Odyssey of Max McCalman
- March 2011 - Henry Miller in Paris
- February 2011 - Cholocate-covered Cherry Tasting
- January 2011 - Paris Apaches