September 2009 - Multicultural Dining in Montparnasse
The recent release of Nora Ephron's new film Julie & Julia, which debuts in France this month, inspired us to select an epicurean theme for this month's Paris Insights. In this issue, we explore a number of foreign restaurants and gourmet shops that are located in the multicultural district of Montparnasse, where one can find foods from the near and far East, Eastern and Northern Europe, South America, and other points around the globe. Bon appétit!
For our restaurant review Le Bon Gout, we journeyed to another part of town to sample the cuisine of the venerable bistrot Astier. Under the direction of Chef Christophe Kestler, this eatery serves up a hearty four-course dinner menu, including a copious cheese plate, for only 32€.
And for this month's Paris, Past and Present we take a look at how Breton culture, once considered foreign by Parisians, is faring in the City of Light.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2009
- December 2009 - An American Artist in Paris—Joe Johnson
- November 2009 - Remembering the Sacrifice
- October 2009 - Art around Town
- September 2009 - Multicultural Dining in Montparnasse
- August 2009 - Le Pavillon de l'Aurore
- July 2009 - The American Revolution in Paris
- June 2009 - Dave Frishberg Sings "Another Song about Paris"
- May 2009 - A Chocolate Wonderland
- April 2009 - Cinéma des Cinéastes
- March 2009 - The Remarkable Church that Anatole de Baudot Built
- February 2009 - An American in Paris - David Burke
- January 2009 - Celebrating Obama at Dorothy's Gallery in Paris