August 2007 - The Secret of the Luxembourg Garden Orchard
Each year the espaliered trees of the Luxembourg Garden orchard produce one ton of some six hundred different varieties of apple and pear. Read on to learn about this marvelous orchard and why it was planted in the heart of Paris.
This month's Quest for Smoke-Free Dining review features a restaurant that serves savory fare from the Southwest region of France. Read on about La Cerisaie and learn why its reputation for delicious cuisine has been bringing Americans to its door.
Chartreuse is the name of both a distinguished liqueur and the religious order that produces it. In this month's Paris, Past and Present feature, we reveal how the secret formula for this elixir was transmitted to the Carthusian monastery in Paris.
If you are a subscriber, please click here and enter your e‑mail address and password.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2007
- December 2007 - The Church of Val-de-Grâce
- November 2007 - The Cemetery of the Holy Innocents
- October 2007 - How to Be a Young Parisian
- September 2007 - Paris - F. Scott Fitzgerald's Babylon
- August 2007 - The Secret of the Luxembourg Garden Orchard
- July 2007 - An Impressionist Stroll
- June 2007 - Fresh Roasted Coffee in Paris
- May 2007 - Promenade in a Private Parisian Garden
- April 2007 - Of Macarons and Minsters – An Easter Stroll through the Saint-Germain-des-Prés quarter
- March 2007 - Irish Eyes are Smiling in Paris
- February 2007 - Contemporary African Art in Paris - Les Arts Derniers
- January 2007 - The King's Church