October 2010 - A Masterpiece of Modern Architecture
Paris has a number of remarkable modern structures, many of which enjoy worldwide acclaim. Yet, unbeknownst to most travelers, there is a building near Paris that many architectural writers consider to be the most significant in the history of modern architecture. In this month's Paris Insights we take a look at the Villa Savoye, built by famed architect Le Corbusier.
In August, we dined at Le Comptoir du Relais. Brasserie during the day, fine-dining restaurant at night, it is owned by Chef Yves Camdeborde. We had the opportunity to talk with him and learn about his philosophy of eating well! Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
Le Corbusier built fourteen villas in and around Paris in the 1920s and 30s. We take a look at another of his most famous, Maison La Roche, in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2010
- December 2010 - Marrons Glacés – A Sweet Confection for the Holiday Season
- November 2010 - Nadar: From High School Dropout to Iconic Photographer
- October 2010 - A Masterpiece of Modern Architecture
- September 2010 - Another Jewish Paris
- August 2010 - An Interview with Dante James
- July 2010 - A Visit to an Herb Shop
- June 2010 - Le Lapin Agile: A Cabaret for Traditional French Songs
- May 2010 - American Students “Ain't Misbehavin'” in Seine-Saint-Denis
- April 2010 - Spoken Word in Paris
- March 2010 - Clocks and Clock Faces - Paris-style
- February 2010 - A Taste for Truffles
- January 2010 - Julhès - A Parisian Food Emporium