June 2013 - A Visit to Petit Mali – An African Neighborhood in Paris
On a Saturday afternoon in mid-April, we took a guided walking tour of the neighborhood called Goutte d’Or that lies to the east of the Château Rouge metro station in the 18th arrondissement of Paris. The walk was organized by Baština, an association that promotes tourisme équitable, a type of tourism where small numbers of travelers meet the locals and interact with them. Read about our visit to this fascinating neighborhood in this month’s Paris Insights newsletter.
Oleg Kononov and Irina Kononova came to Paris from Moscow five years ago. Read about Les Trois Carafes, a restaurant that they opened near the Jardin des Plantes, and the delicious food that is served there in this month's Le Bon Goût.
The city of Paris has prepared the groundwork for the construction of two buildings in the Goutte d'Or neighborhood that will comprise the new locations of the Institute of Islamic Cultures. Learn more in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
* * * * * *
Do you anticipate that you will feel intimidated by the thought of dining out when you visit the City of Light? Read our new dining guide For Your Dining Pleasure and find the advice and instruction you need to give you the confidence to venture forth and enjoy your dining experience.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2013
- December 2013 - A Conversation with Régis Labourdette
- November 2013 - A Conversation with Ferdinand Ezembé
- October 2013 - The First Skyscraper in Paris
- September 2013 - The Votive Basilica of Saint Joan of Arc
- August 2013 - Pierre Charial - Noteur
- July 2013 - The Archaeological Crypt of the Square of Notre Dame Cathedral
- June 2013 - A Visit to Petit Mali – An African Neighborhood in Paris
- May 2013 - The Man Who Records Paris
- April 2013 - The Colonial Palace
- March 2013 - The Man Who Paints Paris
- February 2013 - Tasting Malagasy Chocolate from Five French Producers
- January 2013 - Sarah Rozenbaum Sells Vintage Apparel