May 2013 - The Man Who Records Paris
Des Coulam first became interested in recording sound and conversation when he was a boy. Now retired from a totally unrelated vocation, he spends much of his time recording the sounds of Paris. Read about his passion for acoustic ecology, the recording of sound emitted by a particular environment.
For ten years, Atika Lazrec nurtured a dream to open a restaurant where customers could savor fine Moroccan cuisine. Four years ago, she opened Les Saveurs d'Atika near Place de la Bastille. We had the pleasure to dine in her restaurant recently and enjoyed her home-cooked meal. Read about our experience there in this month's Le Bon Goût, a monthly feature of Paris Insights.
Paleophonies, a shop dedicated to the sale and repair of old radios and gramophones, is located in Paris, not far from the Luxembourg Garden. Take a step back in time as we visit the store in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
* * * * * *
Do you anticipate that you will feel intimidated by the thought of dining out when you visit the City of Light? Read our new dining guide For Your Dining Pleasure and find the advice and instruction you need to give you the confidence to venture forth and enjoy your dining experience.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2013
- December 2013 - A Conversation with Régis Labourdette
- November 2013 - A Conversation with Ferdinand Ezembé
- October 2013 - The First Skyscraper in Paris
- September 2013 - The Votive Basilica of Saint Joan of Arc
- August 2013 - Pierre Charial - Noteur
- July 2013 - The Archaeological Crypt of the Square of Notre Dame Cathedral
- June 2013 - A Visit to Petit Mali – An African Neighborhood in Paris
- May 2013 - The Man Who Records Paris
- April 2013 - The Colonial Palace
- March 2013 - The Man Who Paints Paris
- February 2013 - Tasting Malagasy Chocolate from Five French Producers
- January 2013 - Sarah Rozenbaum Sells Vintage Apparel