December 2013 - We have new e-books in the works!
One is entitled Dining Out in Paris – Our Top Twelve Restaurant Recommendations. We review at least one restaurant per week and have interviewed the chefs or owners of establishments that we found particularly appealing. Among these, we selected twelve that we believe travelers to Paris will enjoy. As a special bonus, we will include our popular For Your Dining Pleasure dining guide in the book. Dining Out in Paris is now being formatted for Kindle and will soon be available on Amazon.com.
Another book that we plan to publish soon is a second volume of our acclaimed book Paris Insights – An Anthology.
As of the end of December we will no longer publish our Paris Insights newsletter. We began writing it in February 2000 and have had a wonderful time exploring the city to discover new insights to share about lesser-known historical and cultural elements that make it such a fascinating travel destination. We thank all of our subscribers for your support all these years!
In April 2013, Monique participated in a special series of interviews called Paris – A Personal View. With soundscape specialist Des Coulem, she strolled through the Luxembourg Garden and recorded her thoughts about why the park is so special to her. Des has recently informed us that Monique’s recording was officially entered into the British Library Sound & Moving Image Archive in London. More information about her experience can be found on her blog at the following link: http://entreetoblackparis.blogspot.fr/2013/11/sounds-of-luxembourg-garden-at-british.html
Articles for 2013
- December 2013 - We have new e-books in the works!
- July 2013 - Two Travel Professionals Successfully Complete the Paris - An Afro-centric Perspective Training Course
- June 2013 - Discover Paris! Nominated for the 1st Annual Tannie Awards; Wins in the Category Webzines, Blogs, and IT
- May 2013 - Arcadia University Study-abroad Students Retrace the Steps of Langston Hughes
- April 2013 - Discover Paris! and The Travel Institute Partner on Paris Black Heritage Continuing Education Course
- March 2013 - Successful Debut of “Southern Passion Lounge in Paris” Radio Show
- February 2013 - New Release: For Your Dining Pleasure – An Introductory Guide to Dining in Paris
- January 2013 - Special Offer for Entrée to Black Paris Tours