February 2011 - Cholocate-covered Cherry Tasting
Are we the first persons in all of human history to have organized a blind chocolate-covered cherry tasting? We like to think so! With Valentine's Day just around the corner, we brought a panel together to sample chocolate-covered cherries from some of the best producers in France: Weiss, Foucher, Jacques Bellanger, Jean-Charles Rochoux, and Michel Cluizel. Learn which confection the panel preferred in this month's Paris Insights.
To prepare this month's Le Bon Goût restaurant review, we dined at Le Casse-Noix, a bistrot owned and operated by Chef Pierre-Olivier Lenormand. Friendly service, old-time decor, and delicious cuisine make this a great place to dine!
As well as tea and fresh-roasted coffee, the coffeehouse Verlet also sells candied fruits produced by Lilamand Confiseur, a fifth-generation, family-run enterprise located in Saint-Rémy de Provence. Read about these wonderful confections in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2011
- December 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France-Part 2
- November 2011 - The State of Artisanal Beer in France - Part 1
- October 2011 - May '68 - An Eyewitness Account
- September 2011 - A Palace in the City
- August 2011 - When Saint-Germain-des-Prés Was the Center of the World
- July 2011 - A Literary Banquet in the Presence of Writers Jim Harrison and Jay McInerney
- June 2011 - The UN’s Art Treasures—In Paris
- May 2011 - Paris and its Trees
- April 2011 - The Odyssey of Max McCalman
- March 2011 - Henry Miller in Paris
- February 2011 - Cholocate-covered Cherry Tasting
- January 2011 - Paris Apaches