March 2010 - Clocks and Clock Faces - Paris-style
As the date approaches for much of the world to return to standard time, we find our attention turning to the ways in which the city of Paris keeps time. In this month's Paris Insights we take a look at four public clocks, including one that depicts the eternal struggle of good versus evil.
We dined at Chez Cécile, a restaurant located near the Madeleine church in the 8th arrondissement. In this month's Le Bon Goût, read about the innovative cuisine served here and meet the woman who founded this fine-dining establishment.
Salvador Dalí created one of the most unusual sundials in Paris. Read about this unique timepiece in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2010
- December 2010 - Marrons Glacés – A Sweet Confection for the Holiday Season
- November 2010 - Nadar: From High School Dropout to Iconic Photographer
- October 2010 - A Masterpiece of Modern Architecture
- September 2010 - Another Jewish Paris
- August 2010 - An Interview with Dante James
- July 2010 - A Visit to an Herb Shop
- June 2010 - Le Lapin Agile: A Cabaret for Traditional French Songs
- May 2010 - American Students “Ain't Misbehavin'” in Seine-Saint-Denis
- April 2010 - Spoken Word in Paris
- March 2010 - Clocks and Clock Faces - Paris-style
- February 2010 - A Taste for Truffles
- January 2010 - Julhès - A Parisian Food Emporium