June 2010 - Le Lapin Agile: A Cabaret for Traditional French Songs
Nestled on the northern slope of Montmartre, just downhill from a vineyard and uphill from a cemetery, stands a ramshackle building that has existed since at least the early 19th century—the home of the cabaret Le Lapin Agile. Read about this historic place and learn why it evokes so much nostalgia in this month's Paris Insights.
Just down the north slope from the cabaret lies a restaurant called Bistrot Poulbot. Operated by Chef Véronique Melloul, it is a great place to dine before taking in the show! Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
We interviewed Federico Santalla, one of the singers who used to perform at Le Lapin Agile. Read our account of his experience there in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2010
- December 2010 - Marrons Glacés – A Sweet Confection for the Holiday Season
- November 2010 - Nadar: From High School Dropout to Iconic Photographer
- October 2010 - A Masterpiece of Modern Architecture
- September 2010 - Another Jewish Paris
- August 2010 - An Interview with Dante James
- July 2010 - A Visit to an Herb Shop
- June 2010 - Le Lapin Agile: A Cabaret for Traditional French Songs
- May 2010 - American Students “Ain't Misbehavin'” in Seine-Saint-Denis
- April 2010 - Spoken Word in Paris
- March 2010 - Clocks and Clock Faces - Paris-style
- February 2010 - A Taste for Truffles
- January 2010 - Julhès - A Parisian Food Emporium