September 2005 - The Case of the Missing Fire Hydrants
American travelers strolling down the streets of Paris will find delight in viewing the magnificent architecture of the city, but they probably will not be aware that a familiar object that they normally encounter every 500 feet in the United States is absent here. That object is the fire hydrant.
In this month's newsletter, we investigate the reasons for its disappearance from the city scene.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2005
- December 2005 - Christmas on rue Mouffetard
- November 2005 - The Paris Opera House and its Environs
- October 2005 - Josephine's Paris
- September 2005 - The Case of the Missing Fire Hydrants
- August 2005 - The Gare Saint-Lazare (Part 2)
- July 2005 - French Lingerie: A Day of Decadence
- June 2005 - The Gare Saint-Lazare (Part 1)
- May 2005 - Paris Vu du Ciel - Paris Viewed from the Sky
- April 2005 - East Meets West at Notre-Dame Cathedral
- March 2005 - An American Concert Pianist in Paris
- February 2005 - Warming the Heart with Hot Chocolate
- January 2005 - Photographing the Da Vinci Code