March 2008 - The Crypt of Montmartre
For hundreds of years, pilgrims made their way to a crypt located on the "hill of the martyrs" to pay homage to Saint Denis, whose body reportedly lay there. In modern times, visitors come to this spot to venerate Saint Ignatius de Loyola, who, with five companions, founded the Society of Jesus there in 1534. Read our account in this month's feature article of Paris Insights.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2008
- December 2008 - Celebrating Christmas at Galeries Lafayette
- November 2008 - The Muslim Cemetery of Bobigny
- October 2008 - La Folie de Chartres
- September 2008 - A Sunday River Cruise
- August 2008 - Is French Gastronomy in Need of a Savior?
- July 2008 - Paris and the Color of Ceramic
- June 2008 - The Boating Life: On Board with Mort Rosenblum
- May 2008 - The Fabulous History of the Procope Café
- April 2008 - Will Success Spoil Daniel Rose?
- March 2008 - The Crypt of Montmartre
- February 2008 - Fly to Paris, See Egypt
- January 2008 - Foie Gras – Traditional French Fare to Celebrate the New Year