January 2012 - Will the Last True Parisian to Leave the City Please Turn Out the Lights?
In this month's Paris Insights we present Claude Dubois, a French journalist who, for many years, has been chronicling the decline of working-class culture in Paris.
We dined at Sunugal, a Senegalese restaurant that won the coveted Marmite d'Or in 2011. Meet the owner, Alpha Diallo, who serves up conviviality and delicious food at his establishment. Read our review in this month's Le Bon Goût.
Located in the center of Paris, plateau Beaubourg was declared Ilot Insalubre Nº 1 by a special committee in 1904. Read about what happened to this run-down neighborhood in Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2012
- December 2012 - The Man Who Put Paris in a Bottle
- November 2012 - Adieu Paris, We Hardly Knew Ye
- October 2012 - A New Bed and Breakfast Opens near Paris
- September 2012 - Chocolat the Clown
- August 2012 - Biodynamic Wine - A Step Beyond
- July 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part II
- June 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part I
- May 2012 - An American in Paris - Jenna Thornton
- April 2012 - Stress and the City: The Best Spas in Paris
- March 2012 - Bruno Quenioux – A Champion of Independently-produced Wines
- February 2012 - Tasting Ganaches Made from Venezuelan Chocolate
- January 2012 - Will the Last True Parisian to Leave the City Please Turn Out the Lights?