August 2013 - Pierre Charial - Noteur
In this month's Paris Insights newsletter we meet Pierre Charial, whose job - noteur - is probably the rarest in the world. In fact, there are only four professional noteurs in all of France!
Edith Gnapié and Jean-Benoit Chauveau are co-proprietors of Ohinéné, a recently-opened Ivoiran restaurant located in the 20th arrondissement of Paris. Read about our splendid dining experience there in this month's Le Bon Goût.
The instrument in this photograph is a mechanical organ, manufactured in Paris in the 18th century. Learn more about it in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
One of Discover Paris' most popular walking tours is called Black History in and around the Luxembourg Garden.
Explore the Luxembourg Garden and learn about the histories of such luminaries as Richard Wright, Alexandre Dumas, Victor Séjour, and Henry O. Tanner. Learn about the myth of the black Statue of Liberty, and see the contemporary sculpture that commemorates the abolition of slavery in the French colonies.
The tour, led by a knowledgeable and experienced local guide, involves about 2 hours of walking. Black History in and around the Luxembourg Garden is a regularly-scheduled walking tour.
Click here to view the schedule: https://discoverparis.net/scheduled-walking-tours.
We look forward to helping make your trip to Paris memorable!
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2013
- December 2013 - A Conversation with Régis Labourdette
- November 2013 - A Conversation with Ferdinand Ezembé
- October 2013 - The First Skyscraper in Paris
- September 2013 - The Votive Basilica of Saint Joan of Arc
- August 2013 - Pierre Charial - Noteur
- July 2013 - The Archaeological Crypt of the Square of Notre Dame Cathedral
- June 2013 - A Visit to Petit Mali – An African Neighborhood in Paris
- May 2013 - The Man Who Records Paris
- April 2013 - The Colonial Palace
- March 2013 - The Man Who Paints Paris
- February 2013 - Tasting Malagasy Chocolate from Five French Producers
- January 2013 - Sarah Rozenbaum Sells Vintage Apparel